Thursday, October 11, 2007

#11: LibraryThing

There is lots of discussion on the Next Gen catalog, and always LibraryThing comes up. I will admit that I hadn't actually played with it until today. I have seen some demo's of it though.

I created my library very quickly - the interface, while not pretty, is easy to use. Chick lit is one of guilty pleasures so I added some chick lit titles and joined the Chick Lit group. I can see definite usage of this for my own reading list - to find out about new authors from other people who read the same type of books as me and to keep track of my reading list. Love the tag cloud and Book Suggester. The Unsuggester is an interesting concept.

I hope that this is a type of technology with tagging and reviews is something we can use at MCPL for our catalog. Here's my library.

No comments: